Nestos Adventure Park
Family activities by the river in Galani
Nestos Adventure Park is located at Nestos’s river gorge at the recreation area of Galani, Toxotes, Xanthi. The area has been declared an Aesthetic Forest and Wildlife Refuge.
Between the cities of Kavala and Xanthi, with easy access, you have the chance to enjoy outdoor activities by the river bank in a beautiful natural environment. The program is planned in an innovative way that permits families and kids to enjoy themselves while introducing them to kayaking, archery, zip line, climbing, abseiling, and hiking. Before each activity the staff shows the basic techniques and at the same time informs the guests about the history, traditions and the wildlife of the area.
You can customize your day with the following activities:
- Kayaking: Our taster session is a good experience for the first time paddler. (40 min)
- Archery: Not just a sport! Just focus and keep aiming! (15 min)
- Zip line: Make the leap and experience an exhilarating ride across the river. (15 min)
- Climbing: Try your hand at our outdoor climbing wall. Don’t worry we got you! (10 min)
- Abseiling / Rappel: Abseil with an incredible view of the river. (15 min)
- Hiking: Hike the stunning riverside trail. (45 min)
How to book
This half or full day activity program is ideal for families with children of all ages and it operates throughout the year depending on weather conditions.
This family activities’ program cannot be booked independently, but as part of a multi-day tailormade trip in northern Greece. Please contact your MAMAKITA family travel specialist to tailor your trip to your family needs, budget and age of kids by filling in this form. We strongly advise you to make your request at least one month before the starting date of your trip, and ideally 3 months in advance, if your travel dates include July and August, the peak months for family vacations in Greece.