Welcome to ‘’Mamakita.gr’’ website! Mamakita.gr is an online platform through which visitors can co-create with the assistance of expert family travel consultants their family’s unique travel guide.
We aim at suggesting and helping you organize memorable vacations in Greece for you and your loved ones, generating content, highlighting family friendly destinations, services and activities, and offering our expert guidance and assistance.
The Service Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you and MAMAKITA SCE (as defined below) specifically governing your making use of the Platform and MAMAKITA SCE Services, as defined bellow.
While you are browsing the Website, using the Platform and/or any other service by MAMAKITA SCE you are abide to these terms. Continue browsing the Website or using the Platform implies that you have read and unconditionally accepted these terms.
Note that the content of the site and/or these terms may be updated and/or changed. Therefore, we suggest that you check on these terms regularly.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The Site is owned by MAMAKITA SCE, a Social Cooperative Enterprise of collective and social benefit, which is governed by Greek law, and its registered office is located in the Municipality of Athens in the Attica Prefecture (“The owner”).
By accessing the website at https://mamakita.gr/ (“the Site”) or by otherwise accessing any content found on the Site, you are agreeing to the terms that follow (the “Terms”):
- By using the Site and/or any services and information that it provides, the visitor unreservedly agrees to the present terms and conditions.
- The Site is addressed exclusively to adults. By browsing or using the Site the visitor is assumed to be an adult. If any minor visits, with conscious volition, The Site and/or makes use of any provided services which could be considered harmful or inappropriate, the Owner and the Site’s administrators bear no responsibility.
- The Owner retains the right, at sole discretion, to deny access to anyone to this website and the Material, products or services offered, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of these Terms.
- These Terms and Conditions, as may be changed or amended from time to time. Please, refer to this page regularly in order to stay informed of current, new, and added information.
- The Site is used “as is”, without allowing uncertified users to make edits or otherwise interfere with the Site’s content or functionality in any way.
- With the exception of specific third-part rights (e.g. intellectual property rights of others) the entire content hosted now or in the future in this Site ( including but not limited to any marks, graphics, pictures, trademarks, distinctive marks, photographs, videos, audiovisual representations and texts as well as any kind of files) is the exclusive intellectual property of the Owner and is protected under the provisions of the applicable law. The aforementioned content, as a whole or parts of it, shall not be subject to unauthorized reproduction, copying, downloading, alteration, disclosure, distribution or any kind of dissemination or trade
- The content and infrastructure of these pages, are owned, operated and provided by Mamakita.gr and are provided for your personal, non-commercial (B2C) use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out below. The online reservation Accommodation Service provided on these pages and through the website, is owned, operated and provided either by Booking.com B.V. or by the accommodation providers themselves and is provided for your personal, non-commercial (B2C) use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out by Booking.com and the Accommodation Providers. Correspondingly, the online reservation of the Guided Services provided on these pages and through the website, is owned, operated and provided by affiliate partners or by the Guided Service Providers themselves and is provided for your personal, non-commercial (B2C) use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out separately by each one Guided Service Provider.
- Visitors accept, agree, and declare that they will use the Site lawfully and as is intended by its creators. As such, visitors agree that they shall not use the Site for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to:
- Harming a minor.
- Accessing or transmitting content that: violates any IPR or third-party rights; interferes, insults or otherwise harms others’ personality and/or dignity (e.g through libel, hateful or racist content); does not adhere to the law, is contrary to fair practice and/or the accepted principles of public order and morality; in any way violates the privacy and/or personal and societal rights of third parties.
- Mislead anyone as to the origin of the Site’s content, to defame, in any way, the Owner or others, to endanger the network’s security, and/or integrity and/or functionality, to obstruct any visitor from accessing the Site and/or its services.
- To install, distribute or otherwise disseminate any kind of automated or not, pop-up, temporal or persistent, targeted or random unauthorized advertisement or any kind of unauthorized marketing material or unsolicited or undesired electronic messages (spam), pyramid systems or any other kind of unauthorized and undesired content, product or services marketing/promotional material, without the prior explicit, written authorization of the Owner.
- Install, promote, and/or give access to content that contains viruses, malware, or any other files, code, or software designed to intercept, destroy, and/or restrict or otherwise restrain or interfere with the functionality of any software, hardware or broader ICT component or in any way prevent other users from visiting the Site.
- In any way harm the Site’s integrity and functionality.
- In the case of use that is unlawful or not in accordance to the Terms, visitors may be obliged to recompense the Owner for any direct or indirect, material, incidental and/or consequential damage caused the non-exercise by the beneficiaries of all or any of the rights laid down in these Terms does not imply their resignation from their rights now or in the future.
- Please, keep in mind that the Owner retains every right to remove from the Site, any content, at any point in time, at their discretion if it is thought to violate the Terms.
- The Owner makes every reasonable effort to maintain and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the material contained on the Site and to avoid accessibility problems. However, the Owner is not responsible and will not held liable for inaccurate information, access problems, shutdowns or other events that may occur, causing you direct, indirect, material, incidental or consequential damage. Accessing and browsing the site and/or using the content of this site is at your own risk.
- Our Privacy Notice is applicable to any personal data or information that is shared on this Site, including the cookies. It is also applicable to the Terms of Participation in the Program. These Terms and Conditions of Use and any amendments thereto are governed by Greek law. For any dispute that may arise from these terms, the competent judicial authorities of Athens are designated by the competent authority.
Terms of Service for the Platform and Mamakita Travel Consulting Services:
Our mission is to empower families to experience Family Friendly Greece. We wish to assist you in planning memorable family vacations by suggesting the best family-friendly accommodation options and guiding you through the most convenient plans of visiting important landmarks in Greece and spend quality time with your family, creating memories and sharing experiences through various family-friendly activities.
In our mission we have the following guiding principles:
- We have a passion for traveling: The MAMAKITA team consists of passionate family travelers.
- We are traveling moms: We have travelled across Greece with our kids and have taken the most common phrase of our children very seriously. Through every “MAMA KITA” (mom look), we have traced the best places for families of all tastes that would be “all Greek to you”.
- We are traveling families: After many years of research, we offer an authentic and tested travel experience and we recommend the most family-friendly destinations in Greece throughout the year, with high quality accommodation, activities and guided services for the whole family.
- We build on authentic previous traveling experience: Our suggestions regarding specific places, accommodation or activities options are based not only on our own previous traveling experience, we also share with you the uncensored reviews of customers who have actually stayed in the accommodation and/or used the guided services we recommend.
- We will create with you the best family-holiday story: Your Travel Guide will be your family’s exciting holiday story, a map to your own little adventure tailored to your needs and preferences. To help you make the most out of your vacation and make sure everything will run smooth and seamlessly, apart from our thorough guidance, we will provide you with all the necessary information through our user-friendly website that guarantees the best family-friendly experience in Greece.
- “Mamakita.gr”, “us”, “we” or “our” means MAMAKITA SCE, aSocial Cooperative Enterprise of collective and social benefit, which is governed by Greek law and its registered office is located in the Municipality of Athens in the Attica Prefecture.
- “The Platform” means the (mobile) website and app on which the Accommodation and Guided Service is made available owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by Mamakita.gr.
- ‘’Travel Guide or ‘’Trip’’ or ‘’Travel Experience’’ refers to the personal tailormade family travel guide, which includes: a) detailed information from the personal travel consultant for each area (historical, geographical, cultural elements); b) all useful information about each individual destination; c) all available accommodations in and around the area; and d) the various different travel products and services you can order, acquire, purchase, buy, pay, rent, provide, reserve, combine or consume from the Guided Service Providers and from our platform ‘’Mamakita.gr’’.
- “Accommodation Provider” means the professional provider of accommodation (e.g. hotel, farm, apartment,). Please note that all Accommodation Providers are third parties.
- “Guided Service Provider” refers to: a) the professional who designs and implements family activities (e.g. museums, archaeological sites, sightseeing tours, theme parks, children friendly outdoor activity); b) to companies that provide family-friendly services and products (e.g. kid-expert tour guide, mountain family guide); c) transfer providers (e.g. car rentals, cruises, rail, airport rides, coach tours, transfers); and d) any other travel or related product or service that may occasionally be available to our platform Mamakita.gr for the “Travel Guide Reservation”. Please note that all Guided Service Providers are third parties.
- “Travel Guide Reservation” means the order, purchase, payment of a travel guide.
Scope and nature of our Service
Mamakita.gr is an online family travel consulting platform through which visitors can discover, search, compare and order and buy the ‘’Travel Guide, after we have designed their travel profile through a special form.
Mamakita.gr is an online family travel consulting platform aiming to assist families who wish to visit Greece with their children and who want to organize a special vacation for their loved ones.
We offer specialized, customized, family travel consulting services, creating a tailormade Travel Guide for you and your family based on the needs and preferences as well as the information you have provided us with through our form.
Through our Platform you can discover, search, compare and buy a Travel Guide that will be your family’s vacation story.
After buying your Travel Guide, you can easily, conveniently and having all the necessary information available choose your accommodation from our suggested Accommodation Providers and book additional activities through the network of our trusted Guided Service Providers.
Please note that we act solely as an intermediary between you and Booking.com or our proposed Accommodation Providers (regarding the accommodation), and between you and the affiliate partners (regarding the guided services)
From the point at which you buy your Travel Guide, within 48 business hours, you will receive an email with the link to a password-protected URL exclusively created for your family and your company of friends. This is a personal tailormade family Travel Guide which includes the holiday story we have created for you, according to your own needs and preferences, i.e. all sights and activities, all useful information regarding how to get there and travel with kids, contact information for all sights and museums, insider tips and a map, stories and myths you can share with kids, as well as the available accommodation in the area of your choice and information about it. You will also receive updates until the last minute of your travel journey.
The Guide includes the whole narrative and schedule of your vacation, the information about the area and the facilities, the suggestions regarding the accommodation options and the activities available, the maps and information related to landmark locations, history and tradition etc.
Note that what you are buying through the Travel Guide is the customized planning, the suggestions and the travel consulting, as well as the convenience of easily finding and booking all the different options and alternatives, the reviews and detailed information, and contact information of all the Accommodation Providers and Guided Services Providers, as well as the exclusive Service Providers to rent a car, to hire a driver, to hire a nanny, and to rent baby and kids’ travel gear.
Please note that we act solely as an intermediary between you and Booking.com or the Accommodation Providers (regarding the accommodation), and between you and the affiliate partners (regarding the guided or exclusive services) transmitting the relevant details of your Travel guide to the relevant Guided Service Provider(s) and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of them. The information that we disclose to you regarding the Guided or Exclusive Services is based on the information provided to us by the Guided or Exclusive Service Providers and the affiliate partners. As such, the above have access to our systems (and extranet) through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates/fees/prices, availability, policies and conditions and other relevant information which is displayed on our Platform.
Although we will use reasonable effort and care in performing our Travel Guide Service, we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Platform or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information.
Each Accommodation Provider and each Guided Service Provider remains always responsible for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates/fees/prices, policies & conditions and availability) displayed on our Platform.
Our Travel Guide Service is made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, products or services available on our Platform for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose. If by any chance we realize or we have valid grounds to believe that any of the aforementioned activities was conducted we reserve the right to block access to the site and the platform and exercise our rights in accordance with law.
All prices for your Trip are displayed including VAT/sales tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes) and fees, unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email. For terms on prices of accommodation and activities, please visit Booking.com and the Guided Service Provider Platforms and check the Terms and Conditions they have.
Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our Platform for a specific accommodation, product or service, however, these rates made available by Accommodation and Guided Service Providers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example non-cancelable and non-refundable. Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.
Pre-payment, cancellation, no-show and fine print
- Travel Guides are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you buy a Travel Guide and for any reason you cannot make the trip, you cannot cancel your Travel Guide or ask for reimbursement. By using our service, you enter into a direct, legally binding, contractual agreement with MAMAKITA SCE, regarding the drafting of the Travel Guide, and the personalized family traveling consulting on our behalf that is independent of whether you will actually make the trip.
- By booking your accommodation, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of both Booking.com and the Accommodation Provider.
- By making a Reservation with a Guided Service Provider, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of the Guided Service Provider, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Guided Service Provider that may apply to your Activity or Guided Service.
(Further) correspondence and communication
By buying your Travel Guide, you agree to receive:
- an email with the password protected URL, which exclusively created for you and your family, that will be gradually and continuously enriched until the last minute of your travel journey, giving you information on your destination and available activities and experiences.
- an email which we may send to you promptly after your stay inviting you to complete our guest review form.
Mamakita.gr disclaims any liability or responsibility for any communication by or with Booking.com, Accommodation and Guided Service Providers on or through its platform.
You cannot derive any rights from any request to, or communication with Booking.com, Accommodation and Guided Service Providers or (any form of) acknowledgement of receipt of any communication or request.
Mamakita.gr cannot guarantee that any request or communication will be (duly and timely) received/read by, complied with, executed or accepted by Booking.com, Accommodation and Guided Service Providers.
In order to duly complete and secure your Travel Guide, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address or inaccurate or wrong (mobile) phone number or credit card number.
Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, and only with regard to the Travel Guide developed by the MAMAKITA travel consultants.
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our consultants, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of Booking.com and the Accommodation and Guided Service Providers as made available on our Platform, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by Booking.com and the Accommodation and Guided Service Providers or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our Platform, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to Booking.com and the Accommodation and Guided Service Providers or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, subcontractors or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the Platform, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
Complaints or claims in respect of the Accommodation (including related to the offered (special/promotion) price, policy or specific requests made by Customers) are to be dealt with by Booking.com and the Accommodation Provider. Mamakita.gr is not responsible for and disclaims any liability in respect of such complaints, claims and (product) liabilities.
Complaints or claims in respect of the Activities and Guided Services (including related to the offered (special/promotion) price, policy or specific requests made by Customers) are to be dealt with by the Guided Service Provider. Mamakita.gr is not responsible for and disclaims any liability in respect of such complaints, claims and (product) liabilities.
By uploading photos/images onto our system (for instance in addition to a review) you certify, warrant and agree that you own the copyright to the photos/images and that you agree that Mamakita.gr may use the uploaded photos/images on its (mobile) website and app, and in (online/offline) promotional materials and publications and as Mamakita.gr at its discretion sees fit. You are granting Mamakita.gr a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, display, have reproduced, distribute, sublicense, communicate and make available the photos/images as Mamakita.gr at its discretion sees fit.
By uploading these photos/images the person uploading the picture(s) accepts full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties (including, but not limited to, accommodation owners) due to Mamakita.gr publishing and using these photos/images.
Mamakita.gr does not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded. The truthfulness, validity and right to use of all photos/images is assumed by the person who uploaded the photo and is not the responsibility of Mamakita.gr.
Mamakita.gr disclaims all responsibility and liability for the pictures posted. The person who uploaded the photo warrants that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and shall not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and does not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights. Any photo/image that does not meet the aforesaid criteria will not be posted and/or can be removed/deleted by Mamakita.gr at any time and without prior notice.
Intellectual property rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available at or used by our Platform and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our Platform are owned by Mamakita.gr, Booking.com, our Accommodation and Guided Service Providers and the affiliate partners.
Mamakita.gr exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) the Platform on which the service is made available (including the guest reviews and translated content) and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep)link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content (including guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in the Platform or any (translated) content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to Mamakita.gr. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behavior will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Greek law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Athens, Greece.
The original English version of these terms and conditions may have been translated into other languages. The translated version is a courtesy and office translation only and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions or inconsistency or discrepancy between the English version and any other language version of these terms and conditions, the English language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive. The English version is available on our Platform or shall be sent to you upon your written request.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
About Mamakita.gr and the support companies
The Travel Guide is rendered by Mamakita.gr, which is a Social Cooperative Enterprise of collective and social benefit, which is governed by Greek law and its registered office is located in the Municipality of Athens in the Attica Prefecture. Our VAT registration number is EL997022330.