Minoan Myths around Knossos
Visit the area of Knossos together with kids
Discover the ancient scenery and live the myth of Minos, Ariadne, Theseus, the Minotaur and the Labyrinth!
What happens when . . .
– Ariadne falls in love with Theseus?
– King Minos leaves for the holy mountain, in order to get the Laws of the Great Goddess?
– The Minotaur realizes that Theseus has arrived on the island?
– Daedalus decides to escape?
– Phaedra blames her daughter for betrayal?
– In the end, who is the brother of Ariadne?
The idea and the games of this program are based on the book of great writer and philosopher Nikos Kazantzakis, “At the Palaces of Knossos” and takes place outdoors, in the surrounding area of ancient Knossos. With interactive games, activities and the assistance of our experienced pedagogues, children and their parents will travel 4000 years back in time, in one of the most interesting periods of Minoan Crete.
You will be accompanied by an experienced interpretive guide at all times and you will have the chance to savor a pic nic in nature adapted to the Minoan diet and water. Bear in mind that the program does not include guided tours and entrance tickets for organized archaeological sites. Do not forget your sunscreen oil, hat and sunglasses!
Ideal for families with children from 8 to 13 years old
Period of operation: Throughout the year with at least 3 days’ notice
Duration: 5 hours